I list “digital workflow consulting” as one of the things I can offer to help you out with your digital photography but recently I’ve been thinking about putting together a more focused workshop that would help someone new to digital photography get up and running.
I’m thinking of a 2 hour workshop focusing on Lightroom that would work well one-on-one or for a small group, offered at your place or mine. I have an outline (below) but since it’s for individuals or small groups it could obviously be tailored to focus more on what you’re interested in.
Here’s an outline of what I think should be included in a class for people newly serious about digital photography:
- Digital RAW concepts (RAW files, metadata, and non-destructive editing)
- Organization of files on the hard drive
- Importing into Lightroom
- Sorting and rating
- Keywording, organizing, and geotagging
- The Develop module (this topic alone could take a day!)
- Editing in outside applications
- Exporting to to the hard drive and other services
- Printing drafts and final copies
Optional topics could include:
- pros and cons of printing online vs. at home
- the book making module
Something like this would probably run about $100 for a two hour one-on-one class. Please let me know if you’re interested in something like this!